Wednesday 5 September 2012

SPRING




It's Spring! I am a bit of a fence sitter at times, and so it is no surprise that my favourite seasons of the year are Spring and Autumn. I love the anticipation they bring, the warm days with crisp air, heralding a change in life's pace for the next couple of months.

Spring really has sprung around here. It's 26 degrees today, not a cloud in the sky and there is Jasmine everywhere. I can smell it around every corner where we live and there is very abundant bush a block away from our house. J and I (he is my little partner in crime) keep stealing bunches of it whenever we walk past. shhhh. It sits in my nan's crystal vase on the piano and makes our home smell beautiful and Spring-y. I figure that said (over) abundant bush has enough to share and will only bloom for a couple of weeks so why not make the most of it. I also noticed some Wisteria creeping over the back fence yesterday too. Why hello there! Here I was thinking it was a dead weed, but no. For the next couple of weeks we will be treated to her beautiful blooms via our neighbours yard. Thanks guys.

All this is making me feel inspired to fix up the courtyard for summer. I ordered some airplants (Tilandsias) online the other day for our hanging pods and I have been scouting around for some vintage baskets for the hanging plants. I imagine we will live out there over the next few months playing during the day and enjoying the warm spring/summer nights.

Spring, you are very welcome in my life right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment